Texas A&M Energy Research Society
Texas A&M Conference on Energy
September 25-27, 2017
Texas A&M University Campus
September 26-28, 2016
Texas A&M University Campus
The Texas A&M Energy Research Society (ERS) is a community established by the Texas A&M Energy Institute for graduate students and postdoctoral fellows conducting energy-related research under an Energy Institute faculty affiliate.
ERS aims to create a dynamic and synergistic environment within Texas A&M University through technical and social events. As the members of the society prepare to launch their careers in academia, industry, or government, ERS will organize events to showcase energy-related research at Texas A&M, promote collaborations, and enhance interactions with industrial communities.
The Energy Research Society, serving as the graduate student body of Texas A&M Energy Institute, exists to work for graduate students and researchers in area of energy to ensure that their needs are understood, advocated, and promoted through education, research, and learning.
To represent all graduate students and researchers in field of energy and provide them with a platform to develop and improve training; encourage and strengthen research and provide opportunities for social interaction.
The Structure of the Society
ERS already has more than 450 members from 26 departments at Texas A&M. The main leadership group is composed of more than 20 volunteers that meet regularly for the establishment of the society and the planned future events.
The main organizational structure within the leadership group is as follows:
President: Burcu Beykal
Vice-President: Ishan Bajaj
Technical Lead: Cosar Doga Demirhan
External Outreach Lead: Yang-Denis Su-Feher
Internal Outreach Lead: Melis Onel
Logistics Lead: Shachit Iyer
President: Onur Onel (4th year Ph.D. student in Chemical Engineering)
Vice-President: Prerna Jain (3rd year Ph.D. student in Chemical Engineering)
- Payman Dehghanian (5th year Ph.D. student in Electrical & Computer Engineering)
- Alexander M. Niziolek (4th year Ph.D. student in Chemical Engineering)
- Daniel Tofan (Postdoctoral fellow in Chemistry)
- Kevin Topolski (1st year Ph.D. student in Chemical Engineering)
- Fani Boukouvala (Postdoctoral fellow in Chemical Engineering)
- Daniel Browne (4th year Ph.D. student in Biochemistry and Biophysics)
The organization is structured by the leadership group and is subject to grow as the society expands its activities. If you want to become a member of the society and be involved in the leadership group or become a departmental representative please fill out the Texas A&M Energy Research Society Membership Form.
Future Events for the Society
- Texas A&M Conference on Energy
- The establishment of the conference is the focal point of the society. ERS aims to partner with the Texas A&M Energy Club and the Texas A&M Energy Institute to establish a three-day conference that will feature oral presentations, poster presentations, and plenary lectures, all with strong participation from industry and government.
The Inaugural Texas A&M Conference on Energy was held on September 26-28, 2016.
The next conference will take place on September 25-27, 2017. The conference will feature all facets of the energy-related research at Texas A&M with a diverse set of technical sessions and a strong participation from Texas A&M students. The plenary sessions will aim to bring influential people to the campus from industry and government.
- Energy Seminar Series
- ERS will assist in the initiation of the Energy Seminar Series in 2017. This regular seminar series will feature lectures by Texas A&M Energy Institute faculty affiliates. In collaboration with the Texas A&M Energy Institute, ERS will participate in the selection of speakers.
- Future Technical and Social Events
- ERS will initiate future technical and social events to enhance the society, the energy-related research at Texas A&M, and industry collaboration. The leadership team will initiate new events in the near future.
To become a member of the society, learn about society leadership opportunities, or any other questions please send an e-mail to email@example.com.
Please follow us on the ERS Facebook Page: http://www.facebook.com/TAMUERS