News and Events
- This event has passed.
AIChE Natural Gas Utilization Workshop
August 12 - August 14
Chemistry, Technology, and Deployment of Natural-Gas-based Chemicals, Fuels, and Energy Systems
AIChE’s Center for Energy Initiatives (CEI) is hosting a consensus-building workshop on Aug 12-14, 2018 in College Station, TX. This workshop brings together leaders in downstream natural gas conversion across industry, academia and government to discuss various perspectives on hurdles to technology implementation. Topics will focus on novel advances in natural gas conversion. The goal of each session will be to call out high potential leads that have emerged or may emerge in each area along with key enablers to facilitate continued progress.
See Technical Program here.
- Jim Bielenberg, RAPID Manufacturing Institute
- Anne Gaffney, Idaho National Laboratory
- Fanxing Li, North Carolina State University
- Patrick Linke, Texas A&M University at Qatar
- Christos Maravelias, University of Wisconsin-Madison
- Eric McFarland, University of California, Santa Barbara
- Stratos Pistikopoulos, Texas A&M University
- Joe Powell, Shell Oil Company
- Fabio H. Ribeiro, Purdue University
- James Spivey, Louisiana State University
- Advances in catalyst/process chemistries for natural gas conversion: Thinking beyond LNG and CNG
- Advances in reaction engineering and separations for natural gas conversion: Novel, emerging technologies for modular and intensified gas processing
- Process systems engineering for natural gas systems: Centralized vs. distributed models, process design, optimization, supply chain
- Debalina Sengupta, TEES Gas and Fuels Research Center
- John Hu, West Virginia University