News and Events
Schneider Named Regents Fellow
Dean L. Schneider Named
November 6, 2017
The Texas A&M University System Board of Regents recently designated 10 agency service, extension or research professionals within the A&M System as Regents Fellows for 2016-2017.
Dean L. Schneider, Co-Director of the Gulf Coast Regional Manufacturing Center of the Clean Energy Smart Manufacturing Innovation Institute, housed within the Texas A&M Energy Institute, was recently awarded the Regents Fellow Service Award and named a Regents Fellow for 2016-2017 by the Texas A&M University System Board of Regents.
The board established the Regents Fellow Service Awards program in 1998 to recognize employees who have made exemplary contributions to their university or agency and to the people of Texas.
Charles Schwartz, chairman of The Texas A&M University System Board of Regents, said the newest Regents Fellows are vital members of the Texas A&M System family who bring with them unique skills and perspectives.
“These professors and professionals make The Texas A&M University System extraordinary,” Chairman Schwartz said. “Because of them, the universities and agencies within The Texas A&M University System will continue to thrive.”
Texas A&M University System Chancellor John Sharp said the new Regents Fellows have proven their commitment to Texas A&M System’s success. “These exceptional individuals represent the best of our great system and higher education in Texas,” Chancellor Sharp said. “They are true assets.”
Recipients of the Regents Fellow Service Award are:
- Jane K. Dever, Texas A&M AgriLife Research, Professor and Cotton Breeder;
- Cynthia Foster, Texas A&M Forest Service, Department Head for Planning and Preparedness;
- Ginger D. Goodin, Texas A&M Transportation Institute, Director for Transportation Research Center;
- William M. Johnson, Texas A&M AgriLife Extension Service, County Extension Agent;
- Marilyn M. Martell, Texas A&M Engineering Experiment Station, Senior Assistant Vice Chancellor for Marketing and Communications;
- Stacy D. Morris, Texas A&M Veterinary Medical Diagnostic Laboratory, Assistant Agency Director;
- Dean L. Schneider, Texas A&M Engineering Experiment Station, Co-Director for Gulf Coast Regional Manufacturing Center;
- Joe D. Smith, Texas A&M Engineering Extension Service, Training Specialist;
- Larry A. Stein, Texas A&M AgriLife Extension Service, Professor and Extension Horticulturist;
- William R. Stockton, Texas A&M Transportation Institute, Executive Associate Agency Director.
The selection process for the awards begins with a call for nominations from the Chancellor, after which an internal selection committee is formed within each institution or agency. Final nominations are put forth to the chief executive officer of each respective entity. They are then subject to a system-level review consisting of academic vice chancellors and past recipients of the awards. Finally, nominations are forwarded to the chancellor and the board for final approval.
To date, 135 agency professionals have received the Regents Fellow Service Award.
November 08 - 2017
Texas A&M Receives $2.4 million NSF Grant for FEW NexusTexas A&M Receives $2.4 million NSF Grant to find ways to improve decision-making methods for…
November 07 - 2017
Open Position: Director, Texas A&M Energy InstituteApplications are now being accepted for the chief academic and administrative officer of the Texas…
November 06 - 2017
Schneider Named Regents FellowDean L. Schneider, Co-Director of the Gulf Coast Regional Manufacturing Center of the Clean Energy…