Apply for the Master of Science in Energy (MSE) or the Certificate in Energy online:
Application steps at ApplyTexas.org
- Create a profile
- Select “Start a new blank application”
- Select “Create a new graduate school admissions application”
- Select the University and the Term (Texas A&M University – College Station) and Fall 2018
- Select “Energy, MS” or “Energy, Certificate” from the list of available programs
For questions on the programs or application requirements, visit the Texas A&M Energy Institute’s Frequently Asked Questions page.
Applying for the Master of Science in Energy (MSE) or the Certificate in Energy
The components of a complete application for academic programs offered by the Texas A&M Energy Institute are as follows:
|Applications Open:||November 1, 2017|
|February 15, 2018|
|United States Resident
|July 1, 2018|
|Program Starting Date:||September 1, 2018|
Students must have completed a bachelor’s or professional degree (or equivalent) to be able to apply for either the Master of Science in Energy (MSE) or the Certificate in Energy.
- Online Application
- Apply at ApplyTexas.org
- Application Fee
- (U.S. citizens or permanent residents) Nonrefundable $50 application fee.
- (International applicants) Nonrefundable $90 application fee.
- Official Transcripts and Records
- Transcripts from all colleges or universities attended.
- Test Scores
- GRE scores are required for Energy Institute academic programs.
- GRE scores should be sent directly from the Educational Testing Service to Texas A&M University and be from a test date within five years of the date the application form reaches the Office of Admissions. Use code 6003 for reporting GRE scores (Department code not needed).
- (Permanent Residents Only) Permanent Resident Card/I-551/I-485
- Letters of Recommendation
- Three recommendations from individuals who are familiar with the student’s academic achievement and potential.
- Letters can be submitted electronically through the Texas A&M Applicant Information System (AIS)
- Statement of Purpose
- The Statement of Purpose may be submitted in the “Essay” portion of the Apply Texas application online at ApplyTexas.org.
- Resume or Curriculum Vitae
- This document can be submitted electronically through the Texas A&M Applicant Information System (AIS)
For further information on application components, visit the Texas A&M Graduate Application Information website.
Upon receipt of completed application packets, each submission will be thoroughly reviewed.